Refashion Old Bangle into Clay Bracelet


Refashion Old Bangle into Clay Bracelet

By on May 6th, 2013
Do you like wearing bangles & bracelets? I think  my question is funny..because this accessory is one of  the most favorite one among girls.. I saw a golden colored bangle in my accessories, & I am not a fan of golden color in accessories..(I like matte & antique colors mostly).. There an idea suddenly blink in my mind, so I transform this golden bangle into something colorful..and the basic element is clay/dough which is totally hiding its golden color.
clay embellishment bangles
Here it is.. I made two.. one with white base & the other is with green..
SL730006
Sorry for the poor image quality, I don’t know what happened..my hands shiver while clicking..
bracelet
This above image is not by my camera, its taken by my iPhone.
bangle making
And here it is my INSTAGRAM version.. what a cool app, Are you instagraming?
Bangle Refashion
First I wrap the bangle with clay/dough & I tried making this neat but it wasn’t easy actually.. Then I fix the stones for some bling and some small clay flowers. At the end I simply seal it with mod podge gloss. I also hide the rough sides with red glitter paint.
Clay Bangles Making
Two bangles are ready now..dry these for a few hours until clay gets hard..
SL730019
My hands were so gluey, that’s why I were unable to take many fine  pics.
handmade bangle
what do you think now! its simple but many times better than that of golden color version..haha.. am I right? I hope so..
Thanks!
Khadija
www.creativekhadija.com

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you about my creations & ideas, feel free to drop a line :)

Popular Posts